“Tick Tock” is a short film by Len Chi originally made for Campus MovieFest at Emory University, that takes a look a young man trying to fufill his life’s highest potential with only five minutes left to live.
What would you do if you had only five minutes to live?
A 3 minute look back…
The first 90 seconds worth of apologies to family and friends. Reflecting on what I have said or done without realized that may have offended them. Each person is liable for their doings. I just have to take responsibility for what I did or said and accept that it was maybe upsetting to some. By apologizing, I am, most of all, healing myself, my life, the person, my relationship with the person, and the world.
The next 90 seconds would be to say thank you. To family & friends for the good times, the journey, the madness, the support, the understanding, the forgiveness, the encouragement and the guidance.
The next 60 seconds…
Tell my siblings to smile when they reach the mountain of success and don’t ever forget those that make them reach the top and those they meet along the voyage. I would tell my little brothers and sisters too that attitude far outweighs skills when it comes to living (skills can be learned). Wasted time is the greatest waste of all, look after the world around you since good planets are hard to find, embrace challenge and adventure since it will help you sleep better at night.
The final 60 seconds…
To look at my parents, siblings and close friends in their eyes and say, "I love you."
BUT we never know when we will die.
We go to sleep every night thinking that we will wake up the next morning. But we might not. Just as we don’t know what will happen tomorrow, we don’t know if we will be here to see tomorrow.
Close to a million people will die around the world every day. Most of them didn’t think that they were going to die. They didn’t think that it would happen to them or that it would have today.
We think the same.
I began to think a lot about this recently again after witnessing a car accident. The people in the accident left their house and got into the accident. Never have they known that it would be the last goodbye, the last kiss and the last smile. And now, they are gone, leaving behind their families and responsibilities.
What if that was me?
What if tomorrow never comes?
What would happen next?
insyaAllah.
No comments:
Post a Comment