The clip was sent to me about a week ago and parked there in my mailbox – unread (even with the eagerness and high curiosity to watch it; knowing how great every Petronas advert would be) At last, I get myself the chance to watch it this morning. Though it is not as great as how we expected it to be, the message has been well communicated through, or at least to me, it laid a hand on my heart, I’m touched.
I’ve been raised up by my dad since my mum left us when I was 12, leaving for United Kingdom to further up her studies. Being the eldest of three and the only daughter has somehow shaped my life ever since. And now, after 13 years, although we have in some way successfully filling up the gap, the variance is still there. Growing without her presence has made the connection between us loosen. Yes, she is a great and superb mom. We shared everything from doing our retail therapy together to sharing my adverse problems! But we fall out on petty things and clashed out our interest even more. I can feel that there is still a fissure between us, sadly.
And now, to restore to health the state of our relationship I prefer to make my self physically away yet internally close to her. Not that I’m disregarding her, but just avoiding myself to hurt the relationship even more. And to my surprised, the absent does grows our heart even fonder.
No comments:
Post a Comment