Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Lesson Learnt


Well 2010 is about to come to a close and we'll be welcoming in 2011, the new year.

As we slowly approach the end of another year, there is once again a visible feeling of expectation and excitement for what the upcoming year will bring. The start of a new year often stirs a sense of hopefulness that better times and new opportunities for improvement are just around the corner.

While everybody use the end of the year planning for what they need to achieve in 2011, I guess it’s equally important for us not lose sight of the lessons learned over the past twelve months-the Blacks and Whites, Ups and Downs, Successes and Failures.

Mine? It would be a long roll of lessons... bunches!

1. I learned that if we work hard, we will get far.

2. I learned that they are many people expect ‘free meals’ along the way without doing anything.

3. I learned that most often people don't say what they actually think but they say what they think the others want to hear.

4. I learned that relationship across the miles is HARD! So long as the person we are keeping the relationship with is worth it, YES it’s going to work.

5.
I learned that everyone may hear what we say and friends will listen to what we say. To see who our best friends are, they are those who listen to what you don't say, they just understand us and know there's something wrong even when we have the biggest smile on our face. I thank God, I see true friends along the year.

6.
I learned that we should not trust anyone but ourselves and that it is really hard to build up trust. But only in seconds everything can be shattered.

7.
I learned it is natural to stop having chemistry with a certain person, and if we grow apart, just be happy for the good times, and know how lucky we were to have that great person part in our life.

8. I learned that men hate it when we talk about our ex-boyfriend.

9. I learned that men love women with brains more than those in miniskirts. But they like feminity.

10.
I learned that I may still fall for bullshit. But I won’t be crying about it.

11. I learned certain men tend to get serious with their relationship and become TOO possessive. So watch out as certain guys don't comprehend the statement "Get lost" too well.

12. I learned men can make gossips scatter through half of the face of the earth faster than women can.

13. I learned that it's not easy for a man to let go of his girlfriend after they broke up especially when they've been together for 3 years or more.

14.
I learned to send ‘thank you’ notes - to thank everyone for their good deeds.

15. I learned not to procrastinate. We usually tend to procrastinate with the most difficult tasks until the last moment. The truth about those tasks is that most of the time they are not as bad as they seem.

16. I learned that only if our bodies and minds are both located in the same place at the same time, and we are fully present, we will find the true happiness we seek. Worrying about the future and chewing on ‘old bones’ from the past have little value to offer to us.

17. I learned not to push things hard, if it’s meant to be, it'll happen. I won’t screw up the best thing that ever happened to me anymore just because I’m little unsure about what I really want.

18. I learned that family is regardless the most important thing in my life. Sadly, like the diet, we have every intention to start living healthy but we just don't get around to it. I learned that we should grab the moment now, savor our time with parents and family, and not wait. Friends come and go, but family is forever.

19. I learned to be wide awake of the office politics.

20. I learned on how to deal with frenemies. (Just don’t be too close to them!)

21.
I learned that giving to charity should be part of our life.

22. I learned that if you can’t get past the third chapter of a book, just dump it. Similarly, if you can’t stand a movie after the third scene… just stop!

23. I learned that sometimes we just need a day where we can hide in our room to make things better and at times we just need a super fun song like We Speak No Americano by Yolanda to dance like nobody’s business.

24. I learned the best and cheapest way to feel happy is by being close to God.

25. I learned that the word "OK" looks like a stick person tilting the head to the left! Ha-ha

One lengthy roll. There are many more things that I have learned in my Learning Year of 2010. But i think i should stop.

Oh 2011, give me more lessons. I’m learning all the time.


Congratulation to Malaysia Football team on the last night's triumph.
Is Malaysia back on the Asian footballing map?

No comments: