Saturday, December 11, 2010

Until I Say "I DO".

It’s the month that is full of love. When February is known as the Month of Love to the rest of the world, I choose December in its place.

It is the second week of December and my weekends for December are all marked with weddings. I have been receiving a frequent wedding invitations from friends these days, and been thinking about it on how many people of my age are, at this point, settling down and starting their own families - another obvious indication that I, certainly, are coming of age.

While I don’t have any plans of tying the knot just yet (and this post has got nothing to do with getting married), I confess that I like browsing through wedding sites lately because let’s face it, weddings - the colors, the themes, the photographs, the flowers, laces, and ribbons, the diamonds, the giveaways, the invitations – Ohemgee, are just so pleasurable to look at.

I’m not saying go and be inspired to get married. I’m saying, go and be inspired to do something out of ordinary. ;)

Hehe.

The love heat is warming the house today. My brother is getting engaged tomorrow (hooray)! YES, my YOUNGER brother is getting engaged, YES, that should have happened to me first and YES, I'm very happy for him. After the long 11 years of dating, I guess it is just the right time for him to take their relationship to the next phase.

Being the eldest of the family and still not wearing a ring is going to be a big thing tomorrow, something which I can foretell. "When are you going to get married?" is going to be another ‘scripted’ question from relatives. Just like meeting the relatives during the Eid and everyone would be asking when I will be getting married. It was intense! Or rather I call it annoying.

I'm a big fan of being true. I would say something vague and honest, like, "Oh, when the time comes..." And then quickly change the subject: "So, how are you doing?" "Any fun Eid plans?" "How's your daughter doing?" "I love your Kebaya, where did you get it?”(You catch my drift...) If all else fails, I just grinned (evilly) and say: "Next school holiday, actually. Just wait for the card".

Well I’m still finding fun and witty responses to the questions tomorrow. Just to make sure that it won’t blight my good vibe and the ‘loveliness’. Just got to be happy that someone else has found the one, and remember that mine will always be best for me, doesn't matter if it is first or last!

But I think I have some good thought of letting him jumping the queue...
1) To use this as a test run to how I want my engagement/wedding to be and
2) Good things come to those who wait. ^_^


Ayah, Happy 58th Birthday! God knows how the world you mean to me. I LOVE YOU!

No comments: