Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OCBC

Not the bank. OCBC is short for “Orang Cina Bukan Cina”, and can mean one of two things. It can be used as a more colloquial substitutes for the overused word, ‘banana’, or it can be used (affectionately) on dear friends who are so mane mixed parentage that they end up looking vaguely Chinese, even when they’re technically not.

Taken this from KLUE Nov 08 magazine. Funnily, whenever I flipped out the newspaper / magazines / anything that is in print of OCBC, I will take my effortless shot to read at least, the title of the periodical. Not to say that I’m swollen with pride to be one of their associates, but I supposed I should and I just have to.

Well for me, that is not the first witty rendition of OCBC that I have ever heard.

I have once wrote to a customer to apologize for the inability to approve his personal loan application and then being replied and told to leave the bank as OCBC operates by its name, “Orang Cina Bank Cina”

Ha-ha

Yes, I might, but not while this economic down turn where retrenchment and downsizing is everywhere.

Admit, I’m “Orang Cina Bukan Cina” working in Orang Cina Bank Cina”


Bamboozled by someone’s act.

No comments: