Sunday, December 21, 2008

Her Belly says: Acar Buah

One of the reasons why I'm so excited to attend my mum's best friend's son wedding tomorrow is because of the: Acar Buah

It is essentially a fruit chutney of preserved fruit slow cooked in spices to result in a sweetish, spicy mixture that’s really good, and it is even best when it is being cooked by:

yanna.lyana
*heh*

Yes, I would say this is my ‘mega’ project as I’ve been asked to prepare the Acar Buah for 700 guess. Thanks to my late Opah. It is the most ‘valuable’ skills that I’ve learnt from her and to my surprised, none my aunties or cousins become heir to her undeniable lip smacking acar buah cooking skills.

And I believe none of you are made known off that I’ve sent my Acar Buah every Ramadhan (for consecutive 3 years now) as a consignment in a restaurant near to my house and a must thing in the hampers ordered from Ennesie Ideas (my mum’s design house) for all the corporate hampers. (Extra duit raya la!) But all of them were cooked in batches. For this so called ‘mega’ project of mine, for 700 pax, since it was quite a short notice, I’ve prepared it in 3 BIG batches!

Tiring. But as far as my depleted meter concerns, I never feel tired cooking. It is just my passion.


Just as some of you may know, Acar is commonly served as a condiment to be eaten with a main course such as Nasi Minyak and Beriyani. It’s called Acar Buah for a reason; imagine Dried Food dipped within massive curry taste gravy. It tastes Sweet, Sour and yet also Spicy. And the best part is, this type of Acar can be stored up to 3 months.


I still remember last month when i were asked to prepare the acar buah for 500 pax in Terengganu, it was supposed to be served to the guess as well on top of the acar rampai prepared by the caterer. But, since the ‘overwhelmed’ respond received to the acar, they decided to just keep it and distributed it among the family members as a ‘buah tangan’ from the wedding host. And none of them belief that it was actually being prepared by a 25 old me! (tak nak buat menantu ke? Ha-ha) And I received a request from a shop owner who attended the wedding for it to be sold at her shop! (To send it from Shah Alam to KT? I don’t think so, (for now la))


Hey! It’s not ‘masuk bakul angkat sendiri’ okay! Most of them complimented that they have never tasted such a nice acar like mine!


k.e.m.b.a.n.g


Tak kenal maka tak cinta right? Anyway, if you are interested, just simply request an order directly from me and rest assured, *chewah* satisfaction guaranteed. Ha-ha

Acar Buah


Love plumping the loved one(s) with my cooking. And it is with 99.9% successful rate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah wah wah..the businesswoman in the makinggg..hehe..im backkkk..weehee..

yanna.lyana said...

i'allah..heheh.. both of us actually! 'cemara' ha-ha :p shushh..
ngeh ngeh ngeh

Anonymous said...

ma!!!
i dint know you terror masak!!!
uwaaaa...beshnyerrrr!!
nakk!!
dya know that i dont actually eat acar buah..i think never kut!
coz ive always felt like its a weird feeling to be eating buah and nasi..
but that picture sure does make it look yummmmyyy!!!
i want to try!!!
like seriously!!!
tempting gilerr!

yanna.lyana said...

he-he. tak terror la. it is just a campak-campak session and tetibe boleh jadi fud *wink* :) well. takpe, nanti mama bawak when i meet u kay dear!

asni!jumla jum!follow us.. :)