Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lucky Fashionistas

I have been invited by little.black.book as a “LUCKY fashionistas” for an exclusive Stila cosmetics workshop this morning at W3, Subang Parade. I just love makeup. That is indubitable. Though I’m not really the user of Stila makeup, but just grabbing the opportunity in view of the fact that, as per the email sent, “Door Gift and Refreshments provided”

haha

So this morning, I woke up early and drove myself to W3, seizing the chance to learn makeup tips and secrets from Stila's pro artist. It started at 10.30 but I reached there early just to grab the best sit for the workshop.

Well let’s talk about Stila makeup. To be frank, I really don’t know much about Stila as even until this is being posted, Benefit is still my preferred and favored makeup brand. (It is unassailable!)


Stila as how Benefit is for me is a modern and approachable makeup brand which celebrates our own unique beauty; to look and feel like the best version of us; and to have fun doing it. It creates a natural yet gorgeous and nice looking appearance which will definitely wonder others as we may look ‘colorless’ but yet glowing and radiantly presented.

For that two and a half hours workshop, we have been given the chance to make our self up with the help of the makeup artist in guiding and giving us tips and tricks on how to enhance our natural beauty and exploring Stila makeup products. And the best part, a step-by-step make up techniques on how to make ourselves ready with own make up at home in 20 minutes or so!

And I’m even luckier as I received a free complementary full makeover voucher worth of RM150 from Stila and RM10 little.black.book voucher as the door gifts. (Worth scarifying my weekend sleep for!)


I don’t know why, maybe I’m just used to Benefit makeup; the end effect of Stila makeup doesn’t impressed me enough though. But then, I really love their Lip Glaze. This lightly tinted lip gloss is the perfect compliment to any skin color. It glides on gently with the brush applicator making it super easy on the go. It is pretty long lasting as well. It may be a tad sticky and takes a bit in getting used to it (not the stuff you want to put on right before kissing. ha-ha) but for a clean finished look, this lip gloss is really nice and works awesomely. (FYI, this is the gloss J Lo twisted and wore in The Wedding Planner!)


By and large, I had so much fun and I really enjoyed the workshop. Thanks Stila and little.black.book for the goodies bag as well as the refreshment. (It’s a really nice fruits tarts, quiche, tuna sandwich and cookies from W3 cafe!)

Do loop me again little.black.book!

Stila


Tip and tricks by Stila makeup artist


My Apparatus


Fahmi from Pavilion counter, my makeup artist. Good Job!


The end product :D Yes, i did it myself. (But i think Benefit did the job better)


Every each of us is indeed beautiful in our very own way.

4 comments:

Anita, Mummy Adzryl said...

ohh.. i sumhow adore BB more! been my fav brand ever.. tp i malas so at times (read; special occasions) jer rajin me'makeup kan diri.. hahaha! :P

yanna.lyana said...

hehe...as for me i prefer something light and natural so i wud say Benefit suits me well. But then again, if its fr dinner ker, BB okla! :D

Anonymous said...

ma..
we all should have a slumber party one day and you teaching all us girls how to make-up!
:)
nakkkk....billeeeee

yanna.lyana said...

can can can... *excited*
plan la dear...jum jum jum. any weekend after out road trip nak? this time no excuse, all the mellowees kne ade! *yeay*

2009, we gonna have F.U.N, seriously!