Scenario A
Text Msg 1: Yanna, are you still with OCBC? My credit card has been charged an annual fee ni, can you help me to waive it?
Yanna: Yes, I’m still with the bank, but I think you just have to call the call centre for the request la. Sorry!
*no further reply after*
Scenario B
Mr. X: Hey! Lama tak jumpa… you kerja kat mana now? Raya baru boleh nampak kan…
Yanna: Hi, im still attached with the bank la. Where else right? Hehehe
Mr. X: Oh really? Camtu if I nak apply loan you boleh tolong approve kan or give recommendation lah kan? Mesti you ada knal processor kan?
Yanna: Huh? Erm, frankly now susah la. They still have to follow the guidelines and doing normal credit review, but if you nak, I can help to submit the application. But it is still subject to the approval.
Mr. X: Ala… Takkan tak boleh tolong your own relatives ni?
Yanna: *lalalallala* (Frankly, I just don’t know how to answer it anymore)
Scenario C
Caller Z: Yanna, how are you?
Yanna: I’m doing just fine. What’s up? Lama hilang…
Caller Z: Ada je, just a bit busy. I need your favor ni. My credit card application get rejected by the bank. I just get the letter from OCBC.
Yanna: Owh. I’m so sorry to hear about it. Honestly, sorry if I ask you this, your loan and credit card repayment with other banks okay tak?
Caller Z: Okay la before this. But my HP ada lapse la 2 months.
Yanna: (Duhh, obviously that is the reason!) Oh really? Hm, now susah la. Everything will be linked to your repayment record. Even if you meet the income requirement but if ada lapse 2-3 months sure it will be rejected.
Caller Z: Ala.. tolong la review my application. My car insurance expires end of October, I am so tight now. Kalau you nak help me mesti boleh kan?
Yanna: *long pause* (Again, I just don’t know how to react!)
H-E-L-P
Well here I am trapped in between. How I wish that I can just lend a hand in just helping all of them. And that are just to name a few. I have been marked once by my one close relative for being so inconsiderate-careless family member just because I can’t help him in getting the approval for his personal loan. And I have been called an obstructed friend since I just can’t help him waiving off the card charges.
MY-OH-MY
The bank just doesn’t operates like 15 years ago where any loan or credit card approval can be easily approved when you know someone working in the bank and what is more if you are holding a good relationship with the branch manager. My dad told me once that he get his housing loan approved about 15 years ago by just seeing the branch manager and get a loan of 400k easily without dilly-dally credit decision in just, 7 days!
But now? Well not anymore. Everything has been linked and centralized. Too bad.
I believe we still remember how people was so upset with the banks practice in using the CTOS system in aiding the credit evaluation process early this year and yes, that is how it works even until today. Certainly with this connection, once your name is ‘trapped’ there in the system, even though you are not locked in there forever, but it will definitely impinge on the future loans or revolving credit application with ANY banks, name it locals or international banks. Well some people may see it as an unfair system as it just ‘cruelly’ oppressing the people who are actually in need. Or like what most of them argued, “Sistem kaya terus kaya, yang susah terus susah”
But looking in a good side of it, somehow with this system it will help you to control your financial difficulties to further deteriorate or worsen. You may not see the impact instantaneously, but in a long run planning, the advantage is more than you could imagine.
As for the waiving thing, due to the high fraud cases and audit purposes, I just have to comply with the banks ruling or ill be offended as BAFIA for waiving it without any written or recorded verbal consents by the account holder. Seriously, all this waiving activity is being monitored even it is only a RM2 interest waiver.
Well, I’m not a good economist in writing a financial article anyway :D But there it is. I just hope it clarifies everything. I’m sorry. I just hope that I can serve all the favor required, but as I told you earlier, things are not easy as how you may see it. One advice from a greenhorn banker to all, we never know how our financial state is going to be tomorrow, and this is what I always reminded myself, pay all the loans and credit card bills as a priority every month even if you were to be left tight for the rest of the month. At least, if you are maintaining a good payment record, when you are really in need of any loan from the bank in the future, as a good paymaster, your chance is still there.
*yeay* dia dah kembali!
No comments:
Post a Comment