Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Vow

The wedding clock has started to tick...

I would prefer to call it a wedding syndrome peacefully ‘attacking’ my associates. Reason being, I believe is the age factor and the self readiness in traversing to the next phase of life responsibility and of course, following meeting of the perfect lifetime soul mate.

This week alone I received 2 beautiful wedding invitations. I don’t know why, but I just feel so elated and thrilled about it. For the most part seeing them climbing the ladder of happiness and in someway, it is a reminder to my self that the time has come and the ‘virus’ is now actively reciprocated; crossing fingers.

I still remember my deep heart to heart talk with Aunty Rose last week (a close friend of mum) about love and marriage. She did knocked me hard and I still remember every single word of wisdom given (that is what I love when talking to her, a true counselor-by profession of course)

“Yanna, never date a man because you are lonely. True love can knock your heart anytime. I’m married at the age of 22, but my true loves came when I was 37.In the end what last is important. You may think that he is the one now, but not tomorrow. Rather than feel sorry later. Be patient in finding your right man. In fact you just don’t have to really ‘find’ for it, as it will come to you”

And I told her my point of view on love and marriage and why the path is too complicated to be fathomed and to be understood. I tried not to brood about the past as the past has thought me a lot about life. And I’m not distractedly thinking about my future as I leave the life seafaring yet taking the helm wisely for it not to be drifted away.

Well we talked about how the marriage age graph has gone down. My mum married my dad when she was just 21, and that was about 27 years ago, the 80’s trend. And in 90’s, the tendency to get married would be around 27-29…and for 2000’s trend, it gone back down to 25-27. Did you realize that? But in the end, we just can’t let the fashion putting such a big chunk of force on ourselves as ‘it will come to you’.

What is important for us now is to strive for whatever dreams that we have in our life.

Thinking back on the ‘communication session’ has putted a big smile on me. How amusing she was yet lucratively channeling down the ‘required’ life guidance and advice. *tqvm*

There was one time when we were talking about doing what we really like to do in our life. And I told her about my dreams and how I wish that I could turn back the time and patching up the entire false moves made. How I wish that I can go back and studying something which is my fervour, ARTS. How I wish that I am an architect or a designer today instead of dreary banker. How I wish that…and jada jada..

“Why can’t you do so now? Go for it if that is your passion. There is nothing in this world which is too late. I am a great supporter of whatever my children have aspired to be. I don’t bother much about their exam marks, as it is only numbers. What is important is their life satisfaction. And you will know how regretful you will be as you grow older for not following your own passion and ambition”

She does boost up my aspiration and self-belief, at least, for that hour. And soon after, I went to see my dad and told him that I wish to change my master degree course to… (Later! Afraid that tak jadi). Of course, it is not going to be that easy for him to accept it knowing that I have taken a really good prospectus course. But in the end, it is about self fulfillment and satisfaction, living the life to the fullest doing something what you are wholehearted in.

Ha-ha
(Back to the wedding talk Yanna!)
o-k
:D

To My Soon-To-Be-Wife dearest friends,

May your appreciation of each others always be reciprocal,
May your trust in each other always be faithful,
May your respect for each other always be mutual,
May your communication with each other always be constant,
May your friendship with each other always be unconditional,
May your communication with each other always be constant,

With love and appreciation,
yanna.lyana


Loosen up, something for all..

You are at a wedding,
You are a total Diva,
The best dress, a perfect hairdo,
You fall in love with an invited guest,
You get secret looks the entire night...

On the dance floor, he's by your side constantly, and he dances like a god,

You are the couple of the evening,
The anticipated moment has arrived for all single women,
The bride is about to throw the bouquet...

You are first in line, in a strategic position...

Once there, you wait for the right moment,
You look at him sensually, and with your eyes you tell him,
If I catch the bouquet...I Will Marry You!

And then, the moment you've been waiting for...

The bride throws the bouquet...

He doesn't stop looking at you,
You jump like never before to catch the bouquet...

Your arms stretched out,
Your hands open.

And suddenly...

c.l.i.c.k


cheers! :D

6 comments:

Nadya said...

mama..pls don wear that to my big day yea..

coz i'm gonna throw the bunga at ur direction!

haha

yanna.lyana said...

haha...cool!
but of cuz la ill make myself prepared with the best push up bra rather thn leaving it 'burok' camtu! ha-ha

Anonymous said...

aaa tidaakk..its porn!

yanna.lyana said...

lu macam tak biasa elina..
ha-ha.

Anonymous said...

heyyy..im too naive and innocent for thissss...hauahha

yanna.lyana said...

Denial normally characterizes the opposite? Camne tu? Ha-ha